Excerpt from session:
Tone from the top is used to describe an organization’s general ethical climate, as established by its board of directors, audit committee, and senior management. Having good tone at the top is believed by business ethics experts to help prevent fraud and other unethical practices.”
Another source claims that Tone from the top is vital in developing and maintaining the ethical integrity of the business. Without it, the ability to mitigate the risk of something going wrong is significantly impaired.
Again, experts belive Tone from the top is the first ingredient in a robust ethics and compliance program which sets an organization’s guiding values and ethical climate. It is the foundation upon which the culture of an enterprise is built and the glue that holds an organization together.
But, what’s the perspective of people from the top? What do they think about:
- Importance of existing culture in the organisation
- Key principles to establish the right Tone from the top
- The role of C-suite when crafting Tone from the top
- Middle management as an ethics “black hole”
- The tools to communicate personal and organisation’s values
- Walk the talk vs Lips service
- Other imperative issues from the very top